Michigan native Brad Keselowski wins third consecutive Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race
September 18, 2018
BRAD KESELOWSKI WINS THIRD STRAIGHT, TAKES PLAYOFF OPENER AT VEGAS
· Brad Keselowski won the 2018 NASCAR Playoff opener at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, his third win in as many weeks.
· The win today is the 27th of his Cup Series career and is the historic 500th career racing with for Team Penske.
· Ford leads all manufacturers with 14 victories this season.
· The victory marks the 62nd win all-time for Team Penske with Ford and the 18th for Keselowski.
· Of Team Penske’s 62 MENCS wins with Ford, 35 have come since rejoining Ford in 2013.
· The win is Fusion’s 103rd Cup Series triumph since becoming Ford’s flagship vehicle in 2006.
· Today’s win is Ford’s 672nd all-time in Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series competition.
BRAD KESELOWSKI, No. 2 Autotrader Ford Fusion VICTORY LANE INTERVIEW
HOW MANY TIMES DID YOU HAVE TO HOLD OFF THE COMPETITION TODAY? “I didn’t think it was ever gonna end. I was worried about running out of gas there at the end. I know the fans can hear on this microphone and I want to say thank you to everyone who braved 100 degree heat all day. You guys are the real heroes. I get paid to do this. You guys pay to watch and thank you for doing that. Thank you for coming out today and tolerating the heat. We’re so glad to be able to win and get in Victory Lane again with the Autotrader Ford. What a special day for 500 wins for Penske, three in a row here, first win in the Playoffs. There are too many storylines for me to get it all right, but we’re very thankful and very proud for all of them.”
HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ON A ROLL LIKE YOU ARE NOW? “I don’t know if we’ve ever had a team that was this strong on pit road before. This is the best we’ve ever been on pit road and that made a huge, huge difference today. I’m very thankful for that.”
WHAT ABOUT WIN #500 OVERALL FOR ROGER PENSKE? “That’s quite a number. It’s really great to be a part of that and to get the last four to get us there, that’s one special time.”