John Carter Cash's New Album 'We Must Believe in Magic' Now Available
September 13, 2018
(Nashville, Tennessee – September 10, 2018) Singer-songwriter, author and award-winning producer, John Carter Cash has released his new album, We Must Believe in Magic.
The unique collection, released by Reviver Legacy and produced by Cash, features 17-tracks recorded over the last ten years and an astounding host of musical guests, including some of Nashville’s most recorded session players and artists representing Rock, Gospel and Country Music. Artists who appear on the project include: Tony Rice, Ana Cristina Cash, John Cowan, Ira Dean, Jerry Douglas, The Daeger Brothers, The Fisk Jubilee Singers, Eric Hamilton, Tony Harrell, Jamie Hartford, Robbie McCoury, Sarah Peasall McGuffey, Bob Moore, Charlie McCoy, Sam Bush, Dave Roe, and many others. The project was engineered and mixed by Chuck Turner at Cash Cabin Studios in Hendersonville, Tennessee, where John Carter worked with his parents Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash on much of their latter life recordings.
We Music Believe In Magic – Track Listing:
1. We Must Believe in Magic (Bob McDill and Allen Reynolds)
2. Feel Like Going Home (Charlie Rich)
3. Brave Young Man (John Carter Cash, Bill Miller)
4. Dragon Song (John Carter Cash)
5. Runaway Train (John Carter Cash, Sarah Peasall McGuffey, Janie Lidey, Trey Call)
6. Prayers For St. Regis (John Carter Cash and Shawn Camp)
7. The Dungeon (John Carter Cash)
8. Heaven’s Song (John Carter Cash and Justin Miller)
9. Holy Train (John Carter Cash, NatalieAulvin, Dave Daeger)
10. Dance With Me (John Carter Cash and Wesley Orbison)
11. Awake Sweet Dreamer (John Carter Cash and Jack Clift)
12. Jayne Hill (John Carter Cash and Jack Clift)
13. Hurt (Trent Reznor)
14. Let the Lower Lights Be Burning (John Carter Cash)
15. Paradise (John Prine)
Cash is also known for being an accomplished author. His library of work includes three children’s books and two biographies about his parents’ legacy. He is now adding another genre to his portfolio. On September 25, Cash will release his first cookbook, The Cash and Carter Family Cookbook: Recipes and Recollections from Johnny and June’s Table. The cookbook is currently available for pre-order wherever books are sold and shares the stories and recipes that flowed from Cash/Carter Family dinner table, as well as the memories and reminiscences of the musicians and film stars welcomed into their home. Pre-order your copy here.
As the grandson of Maybelle Carter and the only son from the marriage of John R. Cash and June Carter Cash, he preserves the family legacy and is a caretaker to the heritage of his musical ancestors. Having been a producer for over 25 years now, Cash has garnered six Grammy Awards, seven Grammy nominations, and has production credits that includes Alison Krauss and Union Station, Carlene Carter, Roseanne Cash, The Cedar Hill Refugees, Chris Cornell, Elvis Costello, John Cowan, Rodney Crowell, Sheryl Crow, Brooks & Dunn, Vince Gill, Emmylou Harris, George Jones, Kris Kristofferson, Loretta Lynn, John McEuen, Mighty Clouds of Joy, John Popper, Ruston Kelly, Kacey Musgraves, Willie Nelson, The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Tim O'Brien, John Prine, Earl and Randy Scruggs, Ralph Stanley, Josh Turner, Dr. Mavis Staples, The John Randal and Jessi Alexander, Wylie and the Wild West, to many more.